Red X Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesXatRegisterLog in
Top posters
savage
play console-quality games through a web browser. I_vote_lcapplay console-quality games through a web browser. I_voting_barplay console-quality games through a web browser. I_vote_rcap 
xSuck Itx
play console-quality games through a web browser. I_vote_lcapplay console-quality games through a web browser. I_voting_barplay console-quality games through a web browser. I_vote_rcap 
THE D3MON
+ FUSiiON +
Wasp
xDeadry
Goober
RED58
$w@mpdonk3y
xSIMONx
Latest topics
» grand theft auto 5
play console-quality games through a web browser. EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 1:36 pm by Rex

» Red X Member List
play console-quality games through a web browser. EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 12:51 pm by REDOCTOBER

» xKOSx kill on sight is back add me
play console-quality games through a web browser. EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 10:06 pm by xKOSx

» wtf site??????
play console-quality games through a web browser. EmptySun Nov 30, 2014 11:34 pm by Crazy52

» im i in red x ?
play console-quality games through a web browser. EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 6:09 am by xSuck Itx

» Opinion on the (CC) clan
play console-quality games through a web browser. EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 9:58 am by Dakota

» Sorry about being inactive
play console-quality games through a web browser. EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 12:16 pm by $w@mpdonk3y

» The Stranger
play console-quality games through a web browser. EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 7:38 pm by soda

» Can I join red x?
play console-quality games through a web browser. EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 5:43 pm by xDeadry

Rss Feed

Top posting users this week
No user

play console-quality games through a web browser.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Wasp
Admin~
Admin~
Wasp

play console-quality games through a web browser. Empty
PostSubject: play console-quality games through a web browser.   play console-quality games through a web browser. EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 5:52 pm

Square Enix Launches CoreOnline Game Streaming Service

Square Enix has launched a free online service that allows gamers to play console-quality games through a web browser.

CoreOnline is the streaming service that gives players access to high-definition games from the developer’s back catalog at no charge. Users are encouraged to view advertisements to gain more playing time.

The service currently offers Hitman: Blood Money for play with titles from the Tomb Raider franchise expected to go live soon. Mini Ninjas, which released in 2009, is the only other playable title currently available.

Although the service is being touted as free, users will only have access to a game for a limited time. Watching video advertisements gives players more minutes to continue playing. In addition, users can pay to unlock segments of a game.

Games on the site come complete with a .pdf manual with a breakdown of computer keyboard controls, videos showcasing the game, and achievements. In order to play, users must download and install the Square Enix Secure Launcher for free via the website.

Subscription-based game streaming service OnLive has been struggling and recently sold off assets and let go of employees. The service continues to operate under the same name as a newly formed company but it is no secret the service is floundering. Sony recently acquired Gaikai, a streaming company that offered demos of high-end games. Unlike those companies, CoreOnline requires no monthly subscription fee and offers complete games.

As of now, Square Enix is only planning on using the streaming service to garner attention to a strong back catalog of games. Despite this, the move will be watched closely by game developers.

For publishers, it makes a ton of sense to offer a service like CoreOnline at no cost to users. The piracy rate for PC games is tremendous and allowing users to play games online for free helps to curb piracy. For games such as Hitman: Blood Money, which released in 2006, the publisher gains no income because copies of the game sold at this point would be purchased second hand. By offering games free to play online, it the developer can breathe new life into a franchise.

It is doubtful that any new games would be available through CoreOnline but it is difficult to predict the future of the streaming service. While full console-quality titles are not likely to be made available at no charge, Square Enix could offer demos or purchases in the future.

Source: http://gamingillustrated.com
Back to top Go down
+ FUSiiON +
Recruit
Recruit
+ FUSiiON +

play console-quality games through a web browser. Empty
PostSubject: Re: play console-quality games through a web browser.   play console-quality games through a web browser. EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 11:16 am

Never gonna happen.it just wont be like a tv.And itll have bugs probably
Back to top Go down
http://www.haxzingforum.co.cc

play console-quality games through a web browser.
Page 1 of 1