Red X Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesXatRegisterLog in
Top posters
savage
Adobe confirms Windows 8 users vulnerable to active Flash exploits I_vote_lcapAdobe confirms Windows 8 users vulnerable to active Flash exploits I_voting_barAdobe confirms Windows 8 users vulnerable to active Flash exploits I_vote_rcap 
xSuck Itx
Adobe confirms Windows 8 users vulnerable to active Flash exploits I_vote_lcapAdobe confirms Windows 8 users vulnerable to active Flash exploits I_voting_barAdobe confirms Windows 8 users vulnerable to active Flash exploits I_vote_rcap 
THE D3MON
+ FUSiiON +
Wasp
xDeadry
Goober
RED58
$w@mpdonk3y
xSIMONx
Latest topics
» grand theft auto 5
Adobe confirms Windows 8 users vulnerable to active Flash exploits EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 1:36 pm by Rex

» Red X Member List
Adobe confirms Windows 8 users vulnerable to active Flash exploits EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 12:51 pm by REDOCTOBER

» xKOSx kill on sight is back add me
Adobe confirms Windows 8 users vulnerable to active Flash exploits EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 10:06 pm by xKOSx

» wtf site??????
Adobe confirms Windows 8 users vulnerable to active Flash exploits EmptySun Nov 30, 2014 11:34 pm by Crazy52

» im i in red x ?
Adobe confirms Windows 8 users vulnerable to active Flash exploits EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 6:09 am by xSuck Itx

» Opinion on the (CC) clan
Adobe confirms Windows 8 users vulnerable to active Flash exploits EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 9:58 am by Dakota

» Sorry about being inactive
Adobe confirms Windows 8 users vulnerable to active Flash exploits EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 12:16 pm by $w@mpdonk3y

» The Stranger
Adobe confirms Windows 8 users vulnerable to active Flash exploits EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 7:38 pm by soda

» Can I join red x?
Adobe confirms Windows 8 users vulnerable to active Flash exploits EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 5:43 pm by xDeadry

Rss Feed

Top posting users this week
No user

Adobe confirms Windows 8 users vulnerable to active Flash exploits

Go down 
AuthorMessage
+ FUSiiON +
Recruit
Recruit
+ FUSiiON +

Adobe confirms Windows 8 users vulnerable to active Flash exploits Empty
PostSubject: Adobe confirms Windows 8 users vulnerable to active Flash exploits   Adobe confirms Windows 8 users vulnerable to active Flash exploits EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 11:18 am

Microsoft's Windows 8 is vulnerable to attack by exploits that hackers have been aiming at PCs for several weeks, Adobe confirmed Friday.

Microsoft said it will not patch the bug in Flash Player until what it called "GA," for "general availability." That would be Oct. 26, when Windows 8 hits retail and PCs powered by the new operating system go on sale.

"We will update Flash in Windows 8 via Windows Update as needed," a spokeswoman said in a reply to questions. "The current version of Flash in the Windows 8 RTM build does not have the latest fix, but we will have a security update coming through Windows Update in the GA timeframe."

Microsoft, not Adobe, is responsible for patching Flash Player in Windows 8 because the company took a page from Google's playbook and integrated the popular media software with Internet Explorer 10 (IE10), the new operating system's browser. Microsoft announced that move in late May when it launched the last public sneak-peak of Windows 8, or "Release Preview."

At the time, Dean Hachamovitch, the company's lead executive for IE, said, "By updating Flash through Windows Update, like IE, we make security more convenient for customers."

Chrome was the first -- and until Microsoft's move, the only -- browser maker to integrate Flash Player rather than rely on an external plug-in. Google has been providing updated versions of Flash Player with Chrome for more than two years, and usually refreshes its browser with Flash patches the same day that Adobe issues them to the public. In some instances, Google has actually beaten Adobe to the patch punch.

Not so with Microsoft in the case of Windows 8 RTM, or "release to manufacturing," the Aug. 1 milestone that gave the go-ahead for computer makers to start preparing new PCs and for some customers to download, install and start using the upgrade.

Last month, Adobe issued two updates for Flash Player that patched eight vulnerabilities, some of which were ranked as "1" by the company, its highest threat warning. One of the vulnerabilities, tagged as CVE-2012-1535, was patched Aug. 14, but had been exploited for an indeterminate time before that.

In fact, CVE-2012-1535 was one of four "zero-days," or unpatched vulnerabilities, exploited in a 16-week stretch by an elite hacker gang revealed by Symantec researchers on Friday.

Microsoft has not updated the Flash in IE10 within Windows 8 to accommodate those two sets of patches, Adobe confirmed Friday. "Flash Player 11.3.372.94 does not incorporate the fixes released in APSB12-18 and APSB12-19," said Wiebke Lips, a spokeswoman for Adobe, referring to the Aug. 14 and Aug. 21 Flash updates.

Windows 8 RTM's IE10 identifies the integrated Flash Player as version 11.3.372.94, a more recent build than the one in Windows 8 Release Preview, but older than the most-up-to-date version for Windows, 11.4.402.265, which Adobe delivered on Aug. 21.

Adobe actually told some users about Windows 8's Flash situation two weeks ago.

On an Adobe support forum, a company representative announced on Aug. 23 that there would be no Flash update for Windows 8 and IE10 until late October. "Since Windows 8 has not yet been released for general availability, the update channel is not active," said Chris Campbell, identified as an Adobe employee. "Once this goes live, you'll start getting updates to Flash Player."

It was unclear what Campbell meant by "the update channel is not active," as Microsoft has patched Windows 8, most recently in July when it issued fixes to both Windows 8's Consumer Preview and Release Preview through Windows Update.
Back to top Go down
http://www.haxzingforum.co.cc

Adobe confirms Windows 8 users vulnerable to active Flash exploits
Page 1 of 1